Empress of Fashion

My biggest inspiration: Diana Vreeland. Through out my whole time here in Paris I've felt as if I met Diana Vreeland and she has been showing me the world how everyone should see it. It's like she always said "You have to give them what they never knew they wanted". I feel like she's become my new best friend and I'm being invited to her famous dinner parties in her red living room, "I want this room to look like a Garden, but a Garden in Hell". In these dinners I'm meeting any person worth knowing. Learning about the newest fashions, the most important photographers, models, and designers and just meeting the most wonderfully interesting people, Consuelo Crespi, Elizabeth Taylor, Grace Kelly, Grace Coddington, David Bailey, Veruschka, to name a few. I feel like i've been taken under her wing and learning about how to make myself the most wonderful me. Either way the six degrees of separation between me and everyone famous in the 1950's-1980's has diminished to 2 degrees.

She was born July 29, 1903 in Paris France. She worked for Harper's Bazaar, was the editor in chief of Vogue, and worked at the Metropolitan Museum in the Costume Institution. Basically she is one of the most influential people of the last decade. Either way I have to say that everyone should know who she is, start researching her and you'll start realizing how incredibly funny she is. Her sense of humor is what inspires me the most.






Why don't you?
-zip yourself into your evening dresses?
-waft a big bouquet about like a fairy wand?
-wear a bowler?
-stick japanese hair-pins in your hair?
-buy a transparent evening coat?
-or a geranium chiffon toque?
-or bright flannel gloves?
-or a black blouse?
-expose your fortune in an isinglass bag?
-hide your hips under an accordion pleated jacket?
-wear fruit hats? currants? cherries?
-or lift your blue wool mainboucher skirt to show a candy-striped petticoat?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Seeing through Vogue Eyes Design by Insight © 2009